A financial technology (fintech) tool developed by MoneyCard LLC for the West African Sub region and beyond. MoneyCard employs the use of scratch cards with value which allows users top up their mobile money wallets, bank accounts and other accounts easily and conveniently with added feature of effortless e-payment.
It is noteworthy that people with little to no education are usually not served with the numerous software developed to give the 70% unbanked population financial inclusion and empowerment. (World Bank Group’s IFC EMCompass-Blockchain in Financial Services in Emerging Markets Part II: Selected Regional Developments. Note 44, August 2017 Report). The MoneyCard software is built with the capability and adaptability to serve all groups of people and at all times- regardless of their educational or financial status.
A fundamental hallmark of a useful software is its user-friendliness, speed, enhanced security and appeal- MoneyCard embodies all these.
Registered Mobile Money clients, clients of Traditional Banks, Savings and Loans, SUSU, Investment agencies, insurance and several others.
Deposit directly into Bank accounts, Mobile Money wallets, SUSU, Savings and loans, Investment accounts and several others for self or others.
Make Payments (Bills, transport fares, movie tickets, online shopping, dues, etc)
Types of Data collected
Personal Data and Non-Personal Data.
“Personal Data” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, Nationality, email address and birth date.
The personal data we collect from you:
→ Registered Mobile phone number (s)
→ Bank Account number (s)
→ First Name
→ Transaction information
→ Last Name
→ Date of Birth
→ Image (added layer of verification)
“Non-Personal Data” is information of an anonymous nature. This includes but is not limited to Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), your domain details, the browser type or version, operating system, and the website you may have come from and visit next.
Uses for Data Collected
- Providing Mobile money and banking services which include but are not limited to convenient deposits, online payments and funds transfer
- Communication of changes, upgrades to our Services;
- Providing other e-wallet services to you as the need arises
- Processing of account information
- Verification of user identity/logs details
- Processing of transactions
- Contacting users for feedback on our services
- Your data will be made available upon written order by the court or by law enforcement agencies for investigation of crime
- The above measures are in keeping with our legal obligations to adhere to among others, laws against Money Laundering, fraud, terrorist financing as well as misuse of services
Legal bases for processing your personal data:
- Your consent is declared on use of MoneyCard services which includes the download and installation of MoneyCard mobile Application, user account creation, use of website services, use of USSD or mobile texting services, purchase of scratch card, or by agreeing to use other services provided by MoneyCard LLC
- Contractual agreement between parties
- Data Protection Act, 2012 (Act 843)
- Laws of the Republic of Ghana
Consent for Children Under 18
Parents and guardians assisting children under 18 with consent or giving consent on their behalf need realize the need to protect specifically the personal data of such ones as they may be less aware of the risks, consequences and safeguards concerned, and also of their rights in relation to the storage and processing of personal data for the purposes of using these services. Parents or guardians consenting to this privacy notice on behalf of a minor or assisting them do so, gives permission for their data to be used for the purposes described above.
Withdrawal of Consent Conditions
Users may opt out of receiving direct marketing advertisement notices or unsubscribe from marketing-oriented email services by following outlined procedures where applicable. Users may otherwise contact our IT team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance. Users should however note that consent is irreversible in the instance of consenting that your data be used for financial transactions.
As required by law, ICT service providers handling personal data are obliged to retain user data concerning financial transactions in accordance with national law for the purpose of preventing, detecting and investigating possible money laundering or terrorist financing by the regulatory or sanctioned authorities. MoneyCard Limited retains user data for 2 years after termination of contract or user account deactivation for purpose above stated.
MoneyCard Limited will only pass on personal data to third parties, including internationally with user consent. Some of our service providers, like cloud hosting services, payment processors, risk management solutions and others are based outside Africa. Where we authorize the processing or transfer of your personal data outside Ghana, we require your personal information to be protected to data protection standards and we ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place for data protection. The Data Protection Act prohibits transfers of personal data outside Ghana to a third country that does not have adequate data protection. Where transfer occurs outside Ghana, the following are in place with the third parties:
- Data Protection clauses in our contracts and agreements with third-parties
- EU-US Privacy Shield
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
MoneyCard Limited will retain and process user data for the duration of 2 years after the termination of contract and deactivation of user account to ensure that user data is available for checks by Data Protection Commission and other government agencies investigating fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing and other illegal activities.
Rights of the data subject
Users of MoneyCard can express the below-stated rights at any time of storage or processing of their data:
- Access to personal information – users have the right to seek confirmation of whether or not MoneyCard holds their data, obtain a description of type of data held, the identity of any third-party users of data and as well as to request a copy of the information that we hold about user, delivered in a timely manner and in a form that is understandable.
- Correction of personal data – you have a right to correct or delete data held about you that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully or destroy or delete a record of personal data about the data subject held by MoneyCard Limited that we no longer have the authorization to retain. The data subject shall be notified upon request.
- Right to object to automated processing– Users shall at any time by notice in writing to MoneyCard Limited request that we cease or not begin processing for a specified purpose or in a specified manner, personal data which causes or is likely to cause unwarranted damage or distress to the individual as specified in Data Protection Act
- Right to prevent processing of personal data for direct marketing – users are entitled at any time by notice in writing to MoneyCard Limited requesting for their personal data not to processed for the purposes of direct marketing. In this section “direct marketing” includes the communication by whatever means of any advertising or marketing material which is directed to particular individuals.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. Your data relating to financial transactions, accounts and scratch card usage cannot be deleted immediately due to national law associated with the prevention of fraud, money laundering, counter terrorist financing or misuse of services for crime.
- Right of portability – you have the right to request that we transfer the data we hold about you to another organization.
- Right to judicial review, in the event that MoneyCard Limited refuses user request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
Users may forward complaints on how their data is used by either MoneyCard Limited or partner organizations directly to email@example.com. In the instance of failure to achieve satisfactory resolution of complaints, user may lodge a formal complaint to the Data Protection Commission using firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Commission
4th Floor, Ramia House
No. E1 35/2
Kojo Thompson Road, Adabraka.
P.O.Box CT 7195, Accra.
Telephone: +233-(0)30 2222 929
Last Updated: September 19, 2018 at 13:44 GMT